What gets us in trouble is that anyone, absolutely anyone, can be a “coach”.
- Everyone’s got thoughts and a narrative about the game. And no matter how ill-developed, incoherent, or superficial it may be, that falls into the philosophy bucket.
- Everyone’s got activities.
- And everyone can take a player, or two, or 22, and have them do something: Execution.
The difference between quality of coaching comes from:
- How developed each of the three circles are.
- How aligned they are with one another, and most importantly
- How well the intersection of all three are aligned with gold standard football.