Uh … no.
Don’t ever cite to me a player’s goals and assists … as if that were proof of player quality.
Do that, and you expose just how much of a newbie you are.
- What was the quality of their goals?
- What was the quality of their assists?
- How many goals should the player have – for instance, what goals has he botched?
- How many attempts does he usually get relative to others?
- What’s the quality of his team?
- What’s the quality of his opposition?
- Is he selfish?
- How many times does he turn the ball over?
- What’s his work ethic?
- How good is his technique?
- What’s his speed of thought?
- What’s his passing like?
- What’s his decision-making like?
- Does he have flavor?
The list goes on and on. And each item on the list has a huge number of sub-components. Not to mention one must have the capacity to judge these things.
So please, go cite your goals and assists to other noobs, you’ll have better luck there.