Pretty much everyone in this country would agree the system is broken.
And pretty much everyone is WRONG!
Wrong about precisely what it is that’s broken. You see, everyone just parrots the reasons the status quo protectors sell them. But the real problem is the status quo protectors themselves.
We’re broken because of the people. Not because of the system.
If you want a quality product, you need quality people.
I think it’s safe to say the Wilmington Hammerheads do not have a quality product.
Cal FC, a team slapped together a little over a month ago, with minimal training just wiped the floor with the Wilmington Hammerheads, a Professional Team in the 2nd tier of US Soccer. 4-0
- David Irving is the coach of Wilmington. Should he be?
- What are David Irvings “qualifications“? An A license? LOL.
- Who is the GM of the Hammerheads? Is he just as culpable? More so?
- What type of product does Wilmington want to field?
- How did Wilmington select it’s players to contract? Who selected?
- Are their player selections in error?
- Does this result say anything of USL Pro in general?
- Should Wynalda be coaching a pro team?
- Should these Cal FC players be playing MLS, USL, NASL or on one of those MLS U23 teams (Portland Timbers where you at)?
- Is anybody digging into who these Cal FC players are?
- Who has known of these Cal FC players for a long time, and passed on them?
Two more …
- Are the people occupying the federation’s corner offices asking these types of questions?
- Do YOU appreciate the magnitude of what’s being exposed here?
Wilmington was just the unlucky one to get this draw. I assure you this could have happened to any of the other teams in USL or NASL. And that should be unacceptable!
Cal FC is now in the 3rd round of the US Open Cup. Their next opponent are the Portland Timbers.
Listen to me. Any MLS team should completely obliterate something like this! But when it comes to soccer in this country, we live in Bizarro World.
p.s. On the same note, the LA Blues (USL) lost last night 1-3 to PDL side Ventura County Fusion. That organization also needs to take a really close look at what they’re doing and start asking some tough questions.